Friday, November 14, 2014

A Wider Range of Friendship

When I see you, I know that we are friends.

When everyone I know sees you, they know that you are friends.

When everyone I don’t even know all over the planet sees you, they all know that you are friends together.

---------------

I am aware of all the people that I don’t know.

Wherever I go, I mostly don’t know anyone else.

But, I know we are friends.

This is how I am choosing to look at the world.

We all want the same things, to raise our families peacefully and in prosperity, and to live harmoniously in community with each other.

I think it is vitally important to think about and voice what we do want, because we are being harassed by the media so much of the time with negative and untrue images and attitudes.

What I enjoy with my friends everywhere is conversation.

I love what I learn about them and how they celebrate their lives.

We often have differing goals, but so far, they don’t conflict with each other.

Our goals often turn out to be complimentary.

Often, we can even suggest more friends for them to talk to to expand their projects.

We certainly have more friends than we think we have.

We couldn’t possibly get them all together in one place unless we see that place as the whole earth.

Then we have room for all our friends.

Let’s make sure that we help give everyone a good place to live.

That’s what I want for my friends.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com


No comments:

Post a Comment