Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Appreciation


My first deep breath is a thought of appreciation for myself.

My second deep breath is a thought of appreciation for everyone I know.

My third deep breath is a thought of appreciation for everyone I don’t even know all over the planet.

-------------------
Taking the time to appreciate myself is relaxing and exhilarating.

There is so much pressure from the outside to do more, be more, buy more.

Appreciating what and who I am and how I do things, takes the pressure off.

It is like turing down a different street.

I can go down a street that is full of traffic jams, or I can go down a street that is quiet and empty and beautiful.

On the crowded street, people are angry and frustrated.

On the quiet street, the few people that I meet are mannerly and considerate.

On the crowded street, nobody has time to think.

On the quiet street, people are lost in thought.

I am learning to take the quiet street, even when there is a lot of crowding and chaos around me.

I can go within and find my quiet appreciation for myself.

That lets me do whatever I need to do for the day and also what I love to do.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment