Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Seeing and Finding


I see myself in simple happiness and delight.

I see everyone I know in simple happiness and delight.

I see everyone I don’t even know all over the planet in simple happiness and delight.

---------------------

I am thinking about simple happiness.

The kind that is available to everyone all the time.

I am thinking about what is delightful in everyday things.

I am growing a new kind of landscape in my front yard, flowering perennials.

This time of year, it is delightful and charming.

All the different colors and shapes of the blossoms call out a gentle beauty.

I know that all year, even during the winter when perennials die back, they are conserving and gathering energy for their cycle of beauty in the spring and summer.

As we go through so many life changes, that is what we are doing, too.

We are learning how to cultivate simplicity and beauty in ourselves so we, too, can share it.

We know that we pass through many stages of search, dormancy, and trial and error before we bloom.

Seeing other people in those varying stages gives them encouragement through our compassion and understanding.

We add lightness to people’s lives when see them that way.

We can share delight instead of judgement and evaluation.

After all, who knows what another’s path holds?

I am just grateful to be finding delight and happiness in my own.

That is what I want to share.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment