Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Finding Community

I feel relieved and grateful to find my community.

Everyone I know feels relieved and grateful to find their community.

Everyone I don’t even know all over the world feels relieved and grateful to find their community.

--------------

I began thinking about what community means to me.

I didn’t fit in to the neighborhood, had a somewhat rare profession, and was raised in a non-traditional religion.

I happily applied what I was learning as a Master Gardener and Master Naturalist to my yard, converted to water-saving native plants and perennials, but then, my yard looked different.

I earned a living as a professional symphony member plus teaching, and enjoyed the emotional feeling of fulfillment with all the music swirling around me.

I was completely satisfied with the spiritual healing tradition I was taught and its effectiveness in keeping me and my family healthy.

But I didn’t have a feeling of community around me.

As I wrote down affirmations of how I could contribute to uplifting society and civilization through discovering my purpose, I became more and more involved in associating with people of like mind.

I found them.

I attended meetings and workshops.

I felt good around them and they liked having me there, too.

I began to trust that the original ideas I was in the habit of receiving from the Universe would have a place.

The more I honored those ideas and sought out places which embraced diversity and individuality, the more I felt a sense of community.

Finally, as I was writing out affirmations in the form of “Angel Messages to Me”, I realized that I am creating my community.

That the more I understand, accept and express the ideas the Universe sends me, I am actually sending out a message about my community.

My community of ideas is realizing itself and manifesting itself and I am learning that wherever I go, I am creating my own community.

I feel both grateful and relieved to find this out.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment