Friday, November 1, 2013

Brain Chemistry


As I take my first deep breath, I am listening for what will calm me.

As everyone I know takes their first deep breath, they are listening for what will calm them.

As everyone I don’t even know all over the planet takes their first deep breath, they, too, are listening for what will calm them.

-----------------

When something triggers an emotional reaction, I now know that pattern of behavior is based on something from the past.

At some point, I remember to take my first deep breath and to listen for what I need to know instead of what is going on around me.

As I have persisted in this practice, I have rewritten my entire life.

Occasionally, I find myself in the old pattern, but less and less often.

This has given me a lot more compassion and respect toward people who are overcoming drug and alcohol habits.

Dealing with the chemical brain in any form requires a conscious effort and excellent tools.

Evolve Your Brain, by Dr. Joe Dispenza dissects the routes through the nervous system of the brain via brain chemistry.

It has helped me understand the nature of the challenge to rewrite my life.

Fortunately the same book provides a how-to as well.

I started with that part of the book and went back to the beginning to understand how it all works.

Using the series of steps based on repetitious practice of my desired behavior, plus finding places and people and situations which bring this out has been an immense aid.

Learning to listen within has been another step.

Even though I am still working on it, I am greatly encouraged in this process.

I know that there is no limit to what I can do, since each step opens up new vistas and activities for me.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment