Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bigger Rhythms


I am so grateful for the peace.

Everyone I know is so grateful for the peace.

Everyone I don’t even know, all over the world,  is so grateful for the peace.
---------------

Spending time in the country without access to cell phone or internet has provided an opportunity to just appreciate quiet surroundings.

I have been busy and also not busy, just drinking in the layers of leaves with the contrast of bright red cardinals against the green.

I watch the line of the sun as it progresses down, and then back up, the treeline.

The bigger rhythms of earth have taken me over.

This is a reminder that there are bigger rhythms both in Earth and in the Universe.

We are just tiny particles going back and forth.

As I feel these larger rhythms, I breathe more deeply and I relax.

Whatever iIhave to do today fits into bigger rhythms, a bigger plan.

I am not just subject to the little forces that feel like they are pushing me one way and pulling me the next.

I am part of something much more gracious and forgiving and healing, the bigger rhythms of the Earth and of the Universe.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment