Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Feeling Beloved


 

I am sitting in my house and I am dearly beloved.

Everyone I know is sitting in their house and is dearly beloved.

Everyone I don’t even know all over the planet is sitting in their house and is dearly beloved.
---------------

As I write this, I know that there are so many displaced persons and that there are families that are going through trying times.

And yet, this is my ideal.

I would have everyone sitting in their house and feeling deeply beloved.

And so I am sending out this thought, these thoughts of inspiration.

We can do the little things locally that value one another.

We can be kinder and take our time instead of rushing.

We can move more gently in our day to day activities.

Speed is harsh.

Speed does not allow politeness, and on a larger scale it does not allow studies that impact deep settings.

We can treat others, even in impersonal ways, as beloved.

We can look at them and think, “Ah, there is someone who is deeply loved.”

Even if they do not look as though they are, we can affirm for them that kind of existence.

And we can treat them that way.

We can see them sitting in their house and feeling beloved.

It puts us in a more compassionate and aware frame of mind, instead of feeling the harshness of our own rushed and fragmented surroundings.

We can share this ideal.

We are sitting in our homes and feeling beloved.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment