Sunday, December 21, 2014

Quiet

I am grateful to be able to see my quiet within and without.

Everyone I know is grateful to see their quiet within and without.

Everyone I don’t even know all over the planet is grateful to see their quiet within and without.

---------------

I am noticing that it is quieter “out there” when I am running errands.

It seems that the frenzy is all around me, but I am not part of it.

I attribute that to maintaining my own peace within.

My husband and I did our gift preparations earlier, and although we did have a little bit of a “crunch” when we were wrapping presents for our seven adult children and their families, we kept calming ourselves and got the job done.

Now, we observe the busyness, but we take our time, and hopefully, add to the available calm.

It is still available.

It is an unlimited resource from within.

It is something we have to listen for, and then, with practice, we can call it up at will.

I feel so grateful to have discovered this.

We make the adjustments we need to make.

But we get toward our goals much more calmly.

It is good to feel this way, from the inside out, and to feel it wherever we go.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage


No comments:

Post a Comment