Thursday, October 17, 2013

In the World Outside


My first deep breath is for observation.

My second deep breath is for awareness.

My third deep breath is for recording.

-------------------

When I take a deep breath and look around, I am able to see what is close to me and what is far away.

When I take a second deep breath, I am aware of smaller things and how they fit into the infinite Universe.

When I take a third deep breath, I am able to consider and record what I see through writing and through diagrams.

As a practice in observation, awareness and recording, I become attuned to what is around me, big and small.

I see how I interact with it, quietly, through observation, and also through actions, small and large.

Writing down my observations integrates them into my mind and heart and soul.

Drawing diagrams of what I see helps me remember what it felt like while I was there.

Taking time to observe lets me be closer to my surroundings.

I become more aware of my place, both in my current location, and as part of the Universe.

Recording my thoughts lets me consider my actions.

I know better how I fit into the large picture and how to take care of my part in the smaller one.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment