Sunday, May 26, 2013

Inner Refreshment


I am so grateful that I have a way to refresh myself.

I am so grateful that everyone I know has a way to refresh themselves.

I am so grateful that everyone I don’t even know all over the planet has a way to refresh themselves.

--------------------

After getting caught up in various news stories, it is good to have a way to refresh myself.

I am learning to go inward.

To become calm, despite the chaos and upset reported in the news.

After all, it is always the result of other things which have been developing.

I can go into my inner sense of peace to refresh myself and to refresh my view.

Who do I think is in control?

All these outside forces?

No, not really.

Ideas have been coming to people for millennia.

Those are what have changed the course of the world.

First, it changed the course of the individual’s own life.

Then, as it became evident that someone was living differently and it looked good in some way, it became a practiced more widely.

Although it appears that there are warring forces, the real war boils down to a simple decision, moment by moment.

What am I responding to?

The outside, or the inside?

My view, or someone else’s?

I am refreshed by my peaceful inner thoughts.

They create a different kind of world around me.

I meet like-minded practitioners when we pass on the street, in stores, while teaching, as I go about my day.

There are many of us who are so refreshed.

It feels to me like it is catching on.

Who knows the resources that are coming into play as we go to our inner realms for refreshment?


 © 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment