Saturday, November 19, 2011

Distress and Solutions

When hearing distressing news, I breathe deeply and remember that there is an unlimited source of good ideas to support me right away.

When hearing distressing news about someone I know, I breathe deeply and remember that there is an unlimited source of good ideas to support them right away.

When hearing distressing news about those I don’t know anywhere on the planet, I breathe deeply and remember that there is an unlimited source of good ideas to support them right away.

--------------------

Great disruption in our lives, and we are all experiencing this to some extent right now, is an indication of the opportunity to look at things from a completely different viewpoint.

It may be that it is time to shift our approach.

It may be an opportunity to consider what may be missing from how we think about things.

It may be time to reflect deeply on what is working and what is not working.

After a serious car accident over six years ago, I walked away with minor injuries (a cracked collarbone and a broken rib, and lacerations to my head.)   Because of the tradition of spiritual healing I had grown up in, I knew the physical healing would take place rapidly.

What I was concerned with was finding out what really needed to be addressed in my life.

As I was healing, I really listened.

Deeply.

In about six months, a very new direction was revealed to me.

I was very surprised, but I took the direction quite seriously.  It has opened a completely new approach to my life that I had no idea existed.

I have had to expand my mental and spiritual vocabulary.

It is coloring my life with unexpected opportunities and deepening it with greater compassion.

It is requiring that I gain skills in areas of which I was completely ignorant.

It is giving me a new and confident identity.

My opportunities for service are multiplying.

I had no idea this existed for me.

It has required everything, all my concentration, all my effort.

And it is certainly worth it.


© 2011 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment