Tuesday, February 19, 2013

On Listening and Planning

I am listening for how to plan my day.

Everyone I know is listening for how to plan their day.

Everyone I don’t even know all over the planet is listening for how to plan their day.

------------------------

When I listen for how to plan my day, I notice the tensions in my body.

I am able to adjust my plans to create a calm and relaxed feeling.

I used to override those feelings, and proceed anyway.

But now I am discovering the best way to go about things is to listen for those feelings.

As we use our increased alertness and respect for who we are, to guide and govern our day, we share a feeling of calm and easy order with those around us.

Instead of contributing and escalating tension, we diffuse it, and relax those who are around us.

When we are all calm, we can listen for the best solutions.

Getting in and out of parking lots, grocery stores, running errands with calm, contributes to ease of concentration in those areas and lets us receive great ideas to practice and great solutions to more important issues.

In fact, just the experience of calm may well contribute to calming all the other issues  and turning them from crises and resentment to moments of loving provision and communication.

Extending this peace from inward to outward is a visible and tangible way of contributing to everyone’s better day.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.inspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment